Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Forgotten Stitch

For a long time I've been wondering how to make my measly blog more interesting. See I always forget about talents I have because they seem commonplace in my house. (i.e. My little brother in a metal bender; my older brothers are technical nerds; my littlest brother knits...)

So I'd come up with my two talents (...worth discussing...) ::
      Theater
      Writing

And I TOTALLY forgot about the one that always makes people have dinner-plate eyes and extend-a-jaw's.

I sew.

And so (no pun intended), my dear friend Mickey reminded me and helped me to decide to post a segment on things I've made. So I'll start relatively recent.

(Sorry, you don't get to see my masterpiece until after I get through my other projects)

So it begins

HOMECOMING '09

The Fabric I Chose

I couldn't find a hair piece that I liked. So I wove this necklace through my hair.

These sandals are my favorite shoes in the whole wide world. I found them at DSW marked down from $50.00 to $12.00. Needless to say, I flipped out. And they were perfect!!


And Finally



THE DRESS!!!!!!!!

I'll try to hunt down some pictures of the actual night!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! You remind me of how Molly Ringwald repurposed her clothes in "Pretty In Pink"! Only youre a lot cuter! I look forward to reading your blog! Oh, and Mick says, "Tell her I sent ya!" Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad we can't see the necklace through your hair. Mickey sent me...;)

    If I may say so your outfit is pretty risqué...You go girl!

    Be creative and express yourself because there is no time like the present!

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks?