Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Say Three Hail Marys

Confession- I'm A Dinosaur

No, really. I still watch VHS tapes. I still buy CDs. I still own an 8 track player. I don't watch most color movies. I like to cook big dinners for people. I like to sew. I make my own dresses. I clean when I'm angry, or bored, or if it's a mess. I'm constantly looking for the best deal. If it's not on sale, I don't buy it.

I realize that 'I don't know nothin yet." Even though the teenager in me hates my parents, I'm soaking up the information they give me to use it later. Last week I was stressed out because I didn't know what I wanted to do the rest of my life.

As if that's not enough; I believe its the man's job to bring home the bacon, and the woman's to make the home.

Do I plan on going to college? Oh yes. Do I plan on having a family? Hopefully one day. Am I in any rush? Not at all. I don't even know how to pay a bill yet.

I need my routine. I have a daily routine that starts with me waking up at 6 (or 8 if its a weekend), and ends with me doing a quick sudoku, setting my alarm and going to sleep before 11:30. The next morning, I roll out of bed and start all over again...



(Is there anybody out there?)


9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, can I get this print on a teeshirt? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy CDs, too. And then I promptly rip them onto my computer. And then I make bastard CD babies from them.

    Rawr. I are dinosaur, too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! colleen! (wow i felt like i was talking to myself for a minute. By the way.. I love your name :D) You actually can buy this on a shirt:: http://www.zazzle.com/rawr+means+i+love+you+in+dinosaur+tshirts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im Soooo going to call your Cell and scream "RAWR" haha... this is why we are still best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That and the fact that one day after 8 years of hearing nothing from each other we found out we led identical lives... Down to driving the same car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's sweet. You know, when I first saw your comment on my blog, I just glanced at your profile picture and assumed you were my age or a little older (I'm twenty-one).

    When I look closer, though, I can see that you're probably still in high school.

    I wonder how your views and habits will change as you get older? It's only been four years since I was a Senior in high school, but mentally I am a completely different person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, yeah I'm only a junior.
    Though I'd venture to say that my life experiences have aged me beyond that.
    I'm often told that I act much older.

    I too wonder how I'll change. Even in just a year my views have turned nearly completely around.

    ReplyDelete

Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks?